History

Our History

Riverview Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited, acute care, and full-service hospital. Located in Gadsden, Alabama, the hospital, orginally named Holy Name of Jesus Hospital, was founded in 1926 by the Sisters of the Missionary Servants of the Most Blessed Trinity, a Catholic order established in Opelika, Alabama in the 1900s. In 1991, Health Management Associates, Inc. acquired the hospital and the name was changed to Riverview Regional Medical Center.